Guerlain Terracotta Sun in the City



Today I swung by Dillard's Guerlain counters, and committed a shopaholic crime. I promise I wasn't planning on buying anything. I sound like a need therapy. So we got to chating and catching up, and the entire time I kept eying the Terracotta Sun in the City highlighter. I know, I know, I'm bad. But really it's not even on my "Lusting After" list.

Guerlain Terracotta Sun in the City ($70) is a highlighter and part of the Spring 2012 collection. I initial passed it up for the Cruel Gardenia (which is also a highlighter). So I allowed myself to buy only one highlighter. I bought the Cruel Gardenia instead of the Sun in the City, because really who needs more than one highlighter per collection. I broke this oath today by buying another highlighter from the spring 2012 collection. 

Terracotta Sun in the City is a gorgeous shiny metallic golden highlighter. The powder is finely milled and soft to the touch. The powder has an amazing imprint, wavy, silk looking finish. It's kinda hard to describe. The powder have ripples and wavy and mesh links as the background while featuring the interwoven G as the centerfold. Very glamorous. It is heavy scented with the same scent they used in the Cruel Gardenia. If you adverse to scent, then you might want to sniff this before you purchase it. I do not like the scent at all. In fact, I hate it. I avoid sniffing it. Is it just me? I don't know what is up with Guerlain but they need to revert back to the scenting their products with their signature scent-violet.

It's too pretty to distort. So for the time being, I'm going to try to preserve it rather than use it. Sorry for the lack of swatches.








No comments:

Post a Comment