A Visit to the Jewelry Supplies Store

Wow. I been so busy for the past few days doing a bunch of things. My feet hurt. My body aches. I am so tired. I wanted to write a post sooner but my body was in so much pain, especially my feet (they were swollen last night from wearing heels for 2 days in a row), from doing so much in so short a time period. It has been an eventful few days, and I want to share with you what I bought, did, and ate. Let's start with Wednesday.

On Wednesday, I went to a bead/jewelry supply store. I recently watched DIY videos on youtube that shows you how to make chain necklace and those really popular friendship wrap bracelets.Chunky chains are so popular this season. I see it on everyone's neck and wrist. I want some too, but I didn't want to shell out the money. I can be conservative and cheap on certain things, especially if I can make it myself.

To make these chunky chain accessories you need metal chain, which I needed to buy. Anyways, I went to the jewelry supply store and bought some chains and supplies. This store is more like a whole sale store. If you buy $300 then you qualify for whole sale price. If not then you buy at regular price. since I was not planning to shell out $300, I paid at regular price, which is 35-40% more than whole sale price. The store was really big. Now that I think of it I should've taken some pictures of the store. OMG. There was so much beads and jewelry supplies. It was like jewelry making heaven. I got a little lost looking at the beads after a while. If you're not careful you'll get suck into buying more than you need. Thank goodness I was not there for beads. Anyway, I will remember to take some pictures the next time I go, which will be pretty soon considering I want to buy more metal chains.

I was really good on controlling what I bought. I went in needing metal chains, lobster claw closer, floss thread, and round ring.

This is what I bought:




I really like the distress chains. I just wish the chains were heavier in weight. All of the chains are pretty light in weight. I want something heavy but I don't know where to buy them.



 The chains were $2 / yard. Except the biggest gold chain. That one was $4. When I was cutting the chain the owner told me all the chains were $2 / yard, but when I went to pay, he told me the biggest chunkiest one was $4. I was like ok. I'll pay since I really want them, but I wish he was more upfront with the pricing. I could've of bought the whole spool of chains for a much cheaper deal. They also sell the chains in spool if you need more. I believe the thickest chains spool was $17 for 5 meters. And the rest was probably $20 for 9 or 10 meters. If the chains were made of heavier metal then I think I would've bought them in spools. They're ok quality. The look nice enough, but just light in weight. Each of the packets were $5. I got the lobster claw closer in both silver and gold. I only bought the round rings in gold. I didn't but silver because I have some already. The floss thread was $1.25 each. I picked up a few colors. Oh, the crystal trim was something I already own. I should not have included them in the pictures. Sorry.  I ened up paying $46.33 for everything. 

That's it. I will post picture of the store soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment