Cocoa Butter 100% Pure

My skin is always dry, or maybe I always feel that it's dry. I constantly apply lotion, and sometimes it's not enough. I like my skin to feel dewy/moist. Once lotion drys on the skin you lose some of the moist/wet feeling. I like a dewy  I have been looking for a product that can keep my skin constantly moist even after the product has dried/or sink into my skin.


 

I came across a jar of 100% pure Cocoa Butter one day at a local whole food grocery store. I thought it was Shea butter at first glance and I purchased it. When I got home and sniff the product I did not like it at all. It smells like chocolate. Weird!! I only like to consume chocolate, not rub it on my body. The smell put me off at first. To tell you the truth I was planning to return it. And then I read the label and was blown away by what it promise.

What it is: 100% Pure Cocoa Butter is a natural moisturizer. Solid pale yellow wax looking

Treatments: Great for sunburn, dry chapped skin, scar tissue and stretch marks.

How to use: Cocoa butter is solid at room temperature. To melt it, I use my scissor to break into the solid block. I scoop out the broken pieces, and place it in between my hands, and rub back and forth vigorously until the pieces soften. I then apply it to my skin.

 

My Thoughts: Can you see how dewy my hand looks? It has a wet/oily feeling when you first apply it, which I like. The wetness drys and leave behind a very dewy/moist feel. So don't be afraid of the oily feel/look. You know how much I hate oily skin. The cocoa smells wear off quickly. I'm kinda use to the smell by now. It doesn't bother my as much as it did in the beginning. If you're a chocolate fanatic, then you might like the smell. I like chocolate, but I don't love it where I eat nothing but chocolate for dinner. I like a chocolate treat here and there. 

My skin feels really moist and hydrated. It even has a healthy radiant glow look. It is so much better than using lotion alone. Lotion is more convenient to use/apply versus cocoa butter. The only time I am able to apply cocoa butter is right after a shower. I probably use it twice a week, not every day, because it takes a bit of work to melt and apply to the skin. When I do use it I apply it all over my body. If I'm not using cocoa butter, I use lotion. Don't forgo a body moisturizer. Keeping our skin hydrated is very important. Skin is the biggest organ in our body.

If you are able to buy cocoa butter, then I suggest you buy it for your skin. You will see a major difference in your skin texture after using cocoa butter. It not only keeps your skin moist but it also works to target sunburn, scar tissue, and stretch marks. If you're looking for a natural moisturizer for your body then cocoa butter is a great choice. It's cheap and effective. I bought my jar for around $9 and it been 4 months and I still have over 80% of the product left. This will last me a very long time.

Will you give cocoa butter a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment