Product Update: Guerlain by Emilio Pucci Terra Azzurra Bronzing Powder and Blush

Guerlain by Emilio Pucci Summer 2012  Terra Azzurra Bronzing Powder and Blush $75

I have been using the bronzer/blush for a while now. I am a huge fan of Guerlain as you know. I hate to say this, but this is not the best product I ever purchased from Guerlain. First off, I do not like the scent. It has an acute fragrance that borderline on headache for me. If I put my nose to the powder and continue to sniff it, eventually I will get a headache. Usually, Guerlain products have a really mild light violet scent-very addictive and pleasant. Maybe I'm just too use to this and cannot accept this new scent. Usually I want a back up of everything Guerlain, but this one? No thanks.

The second thing I find annoying is this bronzer is way ORANGE for my complexion. The first time I wore it I looked like I just walked out of tanning salon after spending four hours on a tanning bed. Seriously. I made the mistake of swirling my brush all over the four colors and applying it straight to my cheekbones (where I would normally apply bronzer and blush). Don't do this unless you want to look orange. I have since learned to only apply the bronzer alone as a bronzer. And use only a little bit. Be careful not to over apply the bronzer. I find that the color does not flatter my skin tone. I'm Asian with a light to medium beige skin tone. I'm not dark by any means nor am I super light. But this bronzer just made me looked like I was experiencing with my mom's makeup and had no clue how to apply it. Again careful with the application.

For the blush, there's three colors: peachy/dark orange, hot (blue undertone) pink, and light pink. Once again there is so much of the peachy/dark orange color compare to the other two, that if you use too much of the peachy/dark orange your cheeks will be orange. You need to some how pick up a balance of the three colors to get a workable natural look in my opinion.

If you're into orange/tan looks then it you should not concern your self with how to apply this product, just swirl your brush around all fours colors and apply. If you're like me and favor a workable bronzer/blushing look (what I mean is, it's obvious that you're using bronzer and blush on your face-but still in control of it-not makeup gone wild look) then experiment with the colors first before you step out the doors. Don't make the same mistake as me and applied without checking to see how your face would look under natural (sun) lighting.



No comments:

Post a Comment