Kiehl's Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque

Today I want to share with you my favorite mask: Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque $23 / 5oz jar


It took me nine-ten months to finish the jar. I use it twice a week, particularly on nights that I feel my skin needs extra cleansing-due to prolong makeup wear.



What makes this mask different from other mask is it contains Amazonian White Clay, which absorbs oil and impurities on your skin.This mask is recommended for normal to oily skin type. It can be quite drying due to the clay ingredient. So if you have dry skin I would not recommend this mask. If you have combination skin, then use on your t-zone areas. I have oil/acne skin so I use it on my entire face. However, I do suffer from occasional dry spots if I over use this mask-particularly around my forehead.

What the mask promise: "This thoroughly cleansing masque may be used for normal to oily skin types to help eliminate debris and dead surface skin-cell accumulation that can clog pores and leave skin dull-looking. With ingredients sourced from the Marajo Island at the mouth of the Amazon River, this unique formula is rich in minerals and helps eliminates surface toxins from skin. Our deep cleansing masque helps to purify skin, leaving the appearance of pores minimized and skin refines."  printed on the front of the jar

Directions State: To apply a thin layer to damp skin and allow to dry to about ten minutes. Once the mask has dry, remove with a wet towel and pat dry.

Texture and Smell: The mask has a muddy/clay like texture that glides easily on your face, making spreading it a charm. It's not stiff and gooey like other mask. The consistency is build-able-thick or thin layer.  It has a clay like smell. It's not unpleasant, but it  doesn't smell great either. The smell quickly wears off once applied to the skin.



How I apply and remove: I generally apply a thin layer throughout my entire face. In addition I go back and dab extra product to any blemish spots. I believe the added product adds an extra kick to breakouts. Instead of using a wet cloth, I use my fingers tip (wet fingers) and massaging in circular motions I remove the dry mask. It's not hard to remove so I just use my fingers. Sometimes a wash cloth can be too abrasive for my skin.

Thoughts: When you first apply the mask you will feel a warm sensation. The mask will turn into a lighter color once it dry. Goes on grey, drys a light grey color. The mask will harden slightly once it dry, but not uncomfortable. I can move my face and mouth-so it doesn't dry that hard. After using the mask, my face does feel much more clean and refreshing. I do notice the reduction in oil. I have huge pores to begin with, so I'm not sure if they shrunk or not. This mask is great as a spot treatment. My blemishes heal faster. Sometimes I could feel a pimple growing beneath my skin-I apply the mask, and it goes away or it doesn't progress into a ugly angry red pimple.

  • eliminate debris, toxins and dead surface skin-cell ---- YES
  • unclog pores ---- YES
  • reduce pores appearance ----- NOT REALLY
  • purify skin ----- YES
  • reduce blemishes ----- YES
 
I will be repurchasing another jar soon. I am considering trying out out product in the Rare Earth collection maybe the cleanser. It's basically the mask but a cleanser that can be use daily.

  

What is your favorite mask?

No comments:

Post a Comment