YSL Rouge Volupte Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick


What is wrong with me? How come I never noticed YSL before? I pass by it all the time while browsing Sephora, and never stopped to look? Why? I feel like I just discovered the internet while everyone else is a computer geek.

I am a sucker for pretty packaging and immediately feel in love. I couldn't resist and bought two. YSL Rouge Volupte Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick is retail for $34. The lipstick is packaged in a very pretty metal cylindrical  tube with an intricate YSL logo design all around the tube. Very fancy looking. The tube sports the lipstick color on it so you know what color is which. It's quite heavy which I like. It's a bit longer than the average lipstick tube. Because of the metal finish, the tube is susceptible to scratches and finger prints (a negative if you're like me who tosses all her makeup in her purse). I already have more than a few scratches and I only been using it for less than a week. This negative aspect aside, the lipstick is a charm.

The lipstick formula is smooth and glides on your lip like butter without the melting sensation if you get what I mean. Oh, if you own Revlon Lip-butter, then it applies just like it but better. It has a mango fruity floral scent - very hard to describe, but nonetheless very pleasant to sniff. The scent fades quickly after application if you don't like it. I however love the smell and can't stop sniffing it. The formula is extremely pigmented. I apply one or two coats and that's it. Anymore and your lips looks very opaque. If you like this look then pile on the coats. It's a matte-semi sheen finish. It last for an average of 3-4 hours. Don't count on it to withstand eating and drinking. But hey, I don't mind reapply it because 1) it's amazing to apply to the lips 2) it's one of those pieces you want to showcase. I do find that my lips are a little bit dry at the end of the day. I recommend wearing a lip primer or lip balm underneath. For a high end lipstick this is a bit disappointing. It does make up for lack of moisture by infusing SPF 15 into the formula. Not very many lipstick has this extra bonus.

Pros:
  • Applies smoothly like butter
  • Love the scent
  • Pigmented
  • Opaque finish 
  • Fancy case
Cons:
  • Pricy
  • Easily scratchy case 
  • Dries lips 
Overall, I am satisfied with the product. Will I repurchase it again? Yes. I am contemplating buying a few more colors. If you like pretty packaging then this lipstick if for you. If you like opaque matte lipstick then this lipstick is it too. If you are not a fan of dry lips (but hey beauty comes at a sacrifice) then I do not recommend this lipstick. 


I purchased:
#29 Rose Opera
#27 Rose Paris   




Opera Rose is a medium warm pink. A great color for spring.





Rose Paris is a pinky orange color. Great for spring and summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment