DIY - Wrapped Braclet

I am too excited not to share this with you. I am currently crazy about Anthroplogie's braclets, but they're a little pricy. Sure I can afford one, but eight to fill my arm up - not likely. I don't have that kind of money. I was browsing through Anthropologie's sale page and was inspired by this:

Anthropologie Tomboy Bracelet 
It's on sale for $29.95 from $48. Seriously. In my opinion it's still very very expensive. Sure it looks fancy. The metal is probably nice and heavy, but I am still not buying it. Then I thought, hey I can make one instead. And this was where I got the inspiration to make one.

Below is what I made. I learned how to braid this in a youtube video. Is it considered stealing if I linked someone's video? Eeeeee. This video belongs to . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVmnSy1c3rI Click on the link if you want to learn how to braid a chain. I'm not going to attempt to write instructions when her's is great. Besides, it would kinda be stealing if I just rewrite similar instructions in my own words when I learned how to do it from her. I think it best if we give her all the credit.

This is what I made. I think it's a great dupe for the Anthropologie's bracelet. I added a lobster clap. I don't suggest this because it's very hard to hook the clap with one hand. I needed help putting the bracelet on. I am going to replace the lobster clap and add one of those round circle and stick thingy (I have no idea what it's call).





No comments:

Post a Comment