Houston Japanese Festival



The Japanese Festival is finally here. It was hosted at the Hermann Park.

And let me just say, I prefer Hermann Park over Discovery Green any day. Discovery Green sucks! There isn't much green to look at! So why call it green? And parking is horrible. Not to mention you need to pay for parking.

Everything is so much better at Hermann Park: free parking, big park, walking paths, gardens, trees, flowers, park animals, and so much more.

The Japanese Festival by far trumps all the other festivals I gone to in recent years (Korean, Greek, and French). There were a varieties of food stands to choose from, including snacks and drinks. Yes, the prices are high but hey I never seen cheap festival food before.

We were afraid of the minimal food selection (previous festival experiences), so we made a stop at H Mart and loaded up on foods, drinks, and desserts. Maybe next year, we will skip H Mart, a Korean supermarket, and enjoy festival food instead. But honestly, we saved at least $20 buying our food at H Mart. There is nothing wrong with bringing your picnic to a festival hosted at the park.

If you're a shopaholic that has a soft spot for cute thing, then be warned. Bring cash! and lots of it. Unless you are a recovering shopaholic like myself, then you need to put on your armor. I was temped a time or two - had to give myself the mental "NO BUY" speech.

Overall, I really enjoyed the Japanese Festival. I like to share some of my pictures with you. Hope you enjoy them too. If you gone to the Japanese Festival too, please share your experience. Or if you gone to a different festival, I'm always interested in new festivals.

























































No comments:

Post a Comment