Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil



 Josie Maran Argan Oil - $96 / 4 oz., $48 / 1.7 oz., $14 / 0.5oz. 

I was skeptical about using oil on my oily-acne skin. Everyone claims that oil is the perfect moisturizer for oil skin. Like dissolves like. I did some research and decided to give Josie Maran Argan Oil a try. And boy was I blown away. The versatility of this natural chemical free argan oil truly amazes me. It works on hair, skin, and nail. I use it from head to toe. 

It’s described as, “A superior source of antioxidants, Vitamin E and essential fatty acids, Argan Oil nourishes and protects skin and hair and keeps them functioning at their optimal levels. It is your answer to healthy youthful, radiant skin and hair…naturally.”

I added argan oil to my nightly regimen. I don’t think I can wear this underneath my makeup during the day as suggested. I was afraid that it would be too oily and greasy and my face would breakout, but it absorbs quickly into the skin and leaves behind a glowing-dewy look and feel. My face felt soft-moist without feeling overly oily. I did not notice any more breakouts than usual. I usual have about 2-4 pimples each week. I’m not sure if it controls sebum production. I’m still oily. Not extremely oily-oily. I guess that’s a good thing.  I use it on my face as a night time moisturize. I alternate between using argan oil and night time moisturizers. Some people prefer to add the oil to their moisturizer, I prefer to apply it directly and skip the moisturizer. 2-3 small drops are enough to cover my entire face. I’m afraid of applying to much.  

It also claims to reduce hyper pigmentation. I had been using this for about 1 month and I alternate it between other products, so I can’t say for sure if it lightens my dark spots. I hope it does with continuous usage. I will let you know in a product update review if I notice any differences with my dark spot. 
 
Besides my face, I also use argan oil on my body and hair. I add about 5 drops to my body butter (Pacifica Hawaiian Ruby Guava body butter) and rub it all over my body from my neck down. It’s a bit greasy-oily at first (I think I added too much) but it eventually absorbs into my skin. It truly is amazing because my skin has never felt this soft and healthy before. For my hair, I mainly use it as an ends treatment. I get a digital perm twice a year and as a result my hair is dry and sometime brittle looking. I add about 3-5 drops to my palms, rub them together, and scrunch my ends. I do about twice a week after washing my hair.

Have you tried argan oil? If so please let me know how it worked out for you. If you haven't try argan oil then I recommend it for all skin type. It's a one bottle treats all.  













1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the positive comment. I'm glad my blog is somewhat helpful.

    ReplyDelete