Facial Wednesday


Pangea Organics – Facial Mask Japanese Matcha Tea with Acai & Gojo Berry  $35
Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque $4.99
The Face Shop - Pomegranate Sheet Mask $3

There’s nothing I enjoy more than a relaxing facial after a shower. Something about open pores after a steaming shower makes me believe masks will perform better.

I am obsessed with skincare. I’m always on the hunt for the miracle product to cure my acne. But let’s me be honest, there is no miracle cure out there. Acne is not curable, just treatable. I’m always buying and trying new things, especially face masks. I’m constantly rotating the products. However, my steps remain the same.

Step 1: Pangea Organics – Facial Mask Japanese Matcha Tea with Acai & Gojo Berry is one of my top favorite. It’s AMAZING. It’s made with natural and organic ingredients. It’s described as a superfood that deeply cleanses, detoxifies, exfoliates, tones, hydrates, prevents wrinkles, nourishes, protects, and balances. Who want to pass up all these? This is my three tube of this stuff and I believe it delivered everything it promises. Well, I’m not sure about protects, and balances. How does one measure these? This is a great mask for all skin type. It smells very organic. It takes a few times to get use to the smell. The consistency is similar to ground up seaweeds - very green lefty paste looking. I apply an even moderate later, wait 20 minutes or until it dries completely (remember do not leave your house - you look like a sea monster), then using my fingers with circular motions I wash with lukewarm water. My face feels smooth, refresh and clean afterwards.

Step 2: After a gentle exfoliation with the Pangea Organic mask, I like to follow up with a clay mask. Clay Mask is great for acne skin because it draws out impurities in your pores – therein clarifying your skin and shrinking pores. Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque works great with problematic skin because it promises to dry up acne pimples, rinse away blackheads, and shrink enlarged pores. I’m not sure how it works, but my skin has improved since using it. The mask is minty green color (again, remember do not leave your house - the neighbor might mistaken you for an alien). It has a tingling effect when you first apply it. I like the tingly effect because it makes me believe the product is working. I apply a thick layer. It usually takes anywhere from 20-30 minutes to dry. Once the mask starts to dry you will see cracks in the mask. I rinse with lukewarm water and pat my face with a towel.

Step 3: After exfoliating and cleaning out my pores, I conclude my facial with a sheet mask. Sheet mask is a great source of moisturization. It replenishes moisture that was stripped away from the first two steps. I’m currently using sheet masks by The Face Shop (a South Korean beauty brand). Their masks are good, nothing amazing, they’re moisturizing and hydrating. When I was in Singapore I went super crazy and bought 100+ masks (of course a variety). All their sheet masks have different purposes (i.e. whitening, purifying, stimulates cell production, exfoliates, brightening, firming, and etc.). My skin is super moist, plump and hydrated after each use. Today I’m using the Pomegranate (a lifting and radiance mask). I gently contour the sheet to my face (again, remember do not leave your house - you look like a ghost)  and wait for about 20-30 minutes, remove and discard the sheet, and lastly using my finger tips I rub the excess serum (left from the sheet) on my face so that the serum sinks into the skin. I follow up with my nightly skin treatment (acne cream and etcetera).

Do you enjoy home facial? If so let me know the products you use. 
  









No comments:

Post a Comment