Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer


Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - $52 / 1 fl oz

Some would scream out at the thought of forking over $52 for a face primer, but this is a must have if you have oily skin. I've tried many primer: oil-free, anti-acne, matte, but no other does what it advertises except Hourglass Veil. This primer will help makeup last longer, controls oil production, which mean the chances for acne decreases. The first thing other notice about you is your face, who wants an oily made up face as a first impression? Although it's pricey but it's an investment that will pay dividend to your face.

Hourglass Veil primer is describe as, "A mineral-based primer with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 that evens skin tone, neutralizes redness and ensures a flawless makeup application. This clean, satin-finish formula helps keeps makeup looking fresh, while absorbing excess oils and minimizing appearance of enlarged pores."

The product is packaged in a pump glass bottle with a plastic metal looking cap. It's a bit heavy to travel in your purse for on the go. I did not have any issue with packing it for Singapore/Vietnam - no spillage or breakage. The pump is screwed on, so make sure it's tightly closed or spillage is bound to happen. While the glass is thick, it does not mean you can drop it on the tile floor, it will shatter.

Broad Spectrum SPF 15
Oil Free
Paraben Free
Fragrance Free
Nanoparticle Free
Gluten Free
Synthetic Sye Free
Sulfate Free
Phthalate Free
Vegan

I live in Houston, and during the warmer months the humidity level can be anywhere from 80%-100%. Disgusting weather to be outdoor and factoring in a full face of makeup and oily skin who wants to leave the sanctuary of air conditioning. Hourglass Veil primer given me the confident to brave the outdoors.

I apply it after acne spot treatment and before foundation. Half a pump is enough to cover my entire face. Before I bought the full size, I used to ask for samples at Sephora, and I found the product dries up quickly to a paste consistency in the sample container. The bottle help keeps the formula true to consistency, runny but almost powdery like. The product immediately sinks into your skin as you apply it. My face instantly felt satin-smooth and looked matte.

Depending on where I'm going or what I have planned for the day, I alternate between Lancome Tient Idole Ultra 24H (320 Bisque W) and Laura Mericier Tintent Moisturizer SPF 20 Oil Free (Bisque). The Lancome foundation gives a true matte finish, while the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer gives a more glowy finish without looking over oily. Using these products in conjunction with Hourglass Veil primer oil production is kept to a minimal, but by no mean am I oil less. I'm still oily. I still blot but not as often.

I would not recommend this for dry/normal skin as it can be too drying. I strongly advice those with oily-acne and even oily combination skin to give this primer a try. Ask for a sample. You would be amaze at the how matte your face can look.













No comments:

Post a Comment