Facial Wednesday: Dry Skin Rescue


Sheet masks are abundance in Asia. They're everywhere, from beauty stores to supermarkets. Here in the US depending where you live it can be difficult to get a hold of them. However, many online salers offer them at a reasonable price.

Each sheet mask claims to provide something different from one other, whether it's skin elasticity care, restores and strengthens, firms and smooths, cleans and purifies, hydrates and revitalizes, or exfoliates all masks in my opinion are hydrating if nothing else.

I've tried most of The Face Shop masks and a few from Etude House, and I can't tell the difference between the masks. It's hard for me to form an opinion on one particular mask when I use so many different types. If I only use one type of mask for a prolong period of time and then switch to something new, then maybe I can see the difference in how each mask performs. But for now I can only say that they're hydrating and my skin feels great.

Each sheet mask has a generous amount of serum, the sheet is literally dripping serum when you remove it from the pouch. I use the left over serum on my neck, arms, and chest. Generally, I usually use 2 masks per week. I read somewhere that you shouldn't use more than 3 each week, because your skin can only absorb a certain amount of serum. But lately I increased my usage to almost one per day or every other day.  For the past 2 weeks my skin been through some crazy sensitivity between dry flaky skin to super oily to red angry pimples to tiny white pimples. TMI. Sorry if you're tired if reading about me complaining.

Each morning after I wash my face it immediately feels tight and irritated and dry spots are prominent. I tried hydrating toner, serum, and moisturizer to no avail. After days of frustration, I finally remember sheet masks. I honestly don't know how I totally forgot about them. The first morning after using a sheet mask, my face felt significantly better. It was no longer burning and flaky. So for the last 3 days, I used one each morning after washing, and if needed I use another one in the evening after my shower.

Because the mask is loaded with a lot of serum I do not apply additional face serum, only a tiny bit of acne medication and Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer. So far my skin is doing good. I hope that it will get back to normal soon.

What is you remedy for dry skin?




No comments:

Post a Comment