Urban Decay De Slick Setting Spray


 Urban Decay De Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray travel size $12/15ml

I received two samples (15ml x 2) of these a while back. I haven’t had a chance to use it since my skin is pretty okay oil wise during the colder seasons. Just recently, the weather started to warm up here in southern Texas, and with an oily face I thought I give Urban Decay setting spray a try. It claims to absorbs excess sebum and controls surface shine, makeup last all day like you just put it on, and matte look for up to 16 hours. First off, I like the sprayer. It emits a very fine mist. I am definitely going to recycle this bottle after I finish the product. The directions state to shake well, hold the bottle 8”-10” from your face, and spray 2-4 pumps before and after you apply makeup.

Honestly, for the first 30 minutes to an hour my makeup looked flawless. My face was oil free without looking powdery. It looked like I had regular skin instead of oily skin. However, after the hour my nose started showing signs of oil steeping through the pores.  I was gross out when I saw my nose in the mirror. I immediately used a blotting sheet. This got rid of the oil problem but it left my nose patchy-blotchy looking.  I then had to powder my nose because my foundation looked uneven. Thank goodness I had my powder compact in my purse. I don’t know what I would have done if I didn’t have my powder compact.

I’m not sure if I like this product or not. It’s great for the first hour after I applied it, my skin did look flawless, but I’m not sure if I like the idea of retouching my nose throughout the day.  And God forbid if anyone sees my blotchy-oily nose. Can you imagine how embarrassing that would be? I am going to try it one more time, but this time I will not spray it before I apply my foundation. If it works then it works, if not then I will not use this product, because I am only so lucky so many times before someone sees my blotchy-oily nose. I’m just glad I did not purchase this. If you have oily skin and used this before, let me know your thoughts on the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment