Aura Cacia - Bubble Bath


 Aura Cacia Relaxing Lavender Bubble Bath $8.99/13 fl oz

Who doesn’t like a soapy-bubbly hot soak every now and then? I probably like them too often. When it starts getting cold (usually Nov – Mar) I take out my bath essential. I used to stock up on Bath & Body Works bath bubble, particularly because of their attractive packaging and the wide varies of scents. After reading their ingredient list I stop buying them. If I’m going to be soaking in ingredients for 30 minutes, I rather they be natural ingredients.  
  
$8.99 for a small bottle of bath bubble can be quite expensive if you take 2-3 baths a week. A bottle usually lasts me about 4-6 baths depending on how generous I want my bubbles. Of course there is more expensive bubble bath out there in the market but there is also cheaper one too. To be honest, cheap bubble bath makes me question what am I really putting on my skin. And the answer is not pleasant. I found the perfect balance between my purse and the ingredients I’m paying for. 

Aura Cacia are made with pure essential oils. You might not notice but most bubble bath is fragranced with synthetic chemicals. Yes I know, lavender (great for soothing bath) can be somewhat of an old lady fragrance, but have you stop to wonder what really made that juicy fragrance smell so juicy? It is synthetic chemicals. Aura Cacia is also sodium laureth/laurly sulphate (SLS) free. What is SLS? It’s a detergent present in any shampoo and soap products that gives us foam. SLS is known to cause skin irritation, allergic skin reactions, hair loss, and in server case death in laboratory animals. You might wonder why this harmful ingredient is in the product we use. The answer are simply - it’s cheap, and tests conducted are not 100% proven to occur. 

I'm not suggesting cut SLS completely from your products (believe me some of my products contain SLS too), but if given a choice, try going for something that doesn't have SLS in it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment