Loreal Colour Caresse Shine Stain

Do not be fool, these are no dupe to the YSL lip stains. From what I heard and read, people like the darker shades which have the most pigmentation. I went against my better judgement and bought a few. I should of just stayed away from the light shades altogether.

I bought shades 183-Pink Resistance, 184-Rose On and On, 185-Lilac Ever After, and 189-Pink Rebellion, all various shades of light to bright to dark tones of pink. Sadly none of the colors have any pigmentation, and if they did, they stained my lips a different color. I wished I had taken swatches of all four shades instead of two to show you that they all performed the same.

The formula is very similar to the YSL lips stain in scent, but the texture is a bit more sticky compare to the YSL lips stain. The packaging is nice for a drug store brand, clean and slick looking.

Let's talk about application. One coat is like not applying anything. My lips looked like my natural lips with a glossy shine to them. Two coats gives a bit more color or the wrong pigment. My lips were stained red instead of the lip stain colors. Two coats seem to be all my lips can handle, anymore, and my lips are super tacky and sticky. A very uncomfortable feeling.




These are the two shades that I swatched.
183-Pink Resistance
189-Pink Rebellion

Top: 189-Pink Rebellion (blue based hot bright pink)
Bottom: 183-Pink Resistance (peach coral with shimmer)


Left: 189-Pink Rebellion (barely any pigmentation, and it does not look bright pink at all)
Right: 183-Pink Resistance (super pale, it appears to blend in with my skin tone)


Bare lips.


183-Pink Resistance
Left: 1 coat
Right 2 coats

189-Pink Rebellion 
Left: 1 coat
Right 2 coats

189-Pink Rebellion is similar to YSL Glossy Stain 15 Rose Vinyl, which I happen to own and love. YSL Glossy Stain 15 Rose Vinyl is super pigmented. Even with one coat, I can see a pink stain on my lips, two coats and I get the true color stain - bright pink. It lasts for about 4-5 hours if I don't eat or drink. I'm not sure how long Loreal lips stain lasts seeing as I remove them immidiately after application.

I was extremely disappointed in Loreal lips stains and will return these four. At $9.99 a pop they were pretty pricey for a drug store product.

Have you tried any? I heard great things about them, but they weren't so great after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment